Spring and Summer Maintenance Reminder
March 30, 2018 | Posted by: Sherry Corbitt
All homes, even new homes, require maintenance. As spring approaches, protect the equity in your home by taking time to check these items in and around your home and attend to any that need maintenance.
- -Test and clean smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- -Test and reset ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) breakers
- -Test alarm system**
- -Change and clean the furnace filter (monthly)
- -Adjust and confirm all registers and cold-air-returns are clear of furniture or draperies
- -Turn off the humidifier**
- -Inspect and clean air conditioning unit for proper operation, arrange for service if needed**
- -Drain the sediment from the water heater base, per the manufacturer’s instructions
- -Inspect plumbing fixtures for leaks
- -Inspect weather-stripping on all exterior doors
- -Wash windows, weep holes, screens, and lubricate tracks
- -Inspect exterior caulking around windows
- -Condition all wood cabinets
- -Lubricate door hinges
- -Touch up interior and exterior paint, stain, siding, putty, caulking, and grout as needed
- -Re-seal wood fences
- -Condition your deck**
- -Test exterior faucets for broken pipes
- -Inspect the roof and the roof vents
- -Look for the settling of backfill soils and fill in where needed
- -Open valve to outside hose connection after all danger of frost has passed.
- -Seed and feed lawn, water regularly
- -Deepwater shrubs and trees
- -Repair driveway and walkways as needed
- -Plan your first barbeque and enjoy your home!
** If applicable
It would be best to complete these maintenance tasks in your home during the spring and summer seasons!
Sherry Corbitt, Mortgage Broker